March 3, 2022 at 10:38 am
Post count: 11
- Hello again,
- Thanks so much for your reply.
- Mysterious formatting issues, so using bullet points!
- Sadly, you’re right. If not there already, I’m well on the road to monocular vision. The only reason I’m not totally depressed is because I thought I was going blind in the Left, so knowing it’s a correction is a (kind of) relief.
- I just can’t think how to get my Left eye on-board without some kind of (staged) increase in diopter.
- Left lenses currently a massive blur for both distance and close up. If Left not being worked, won’t differentials only help my stronger R eye, and therefore increase the disparity?
- Seems to me that I might as well make the adjustment sooner, rather than later, as the disparity will at least be less? (5 diopters versus 8).
- Are we saying it’s (merely) unwise, or that the visual cortex can never adjust to a 5 diopter disparity?
- I believe EM can help and I’m very determined. I’m desperate to make a start, just would be helpful to know your thoughts on a long-term plan.
- PS Because both subjective and prescriptive in your reply, I’m still not sure which figures to use for my new glasses.